HYPERMETROPIA OR LONGSIGHTEDNESS
Due to Hypermetropia the eyes are able to see the distant objects clearly but cannot see the nearby objects clearly. In this case the image of nearby object is formed beyond the retina.
Cause of Hypermetropia
An eye suffers from Hypermetropia due to the following two reasons
1. Abnormally short eye ball
2. Abnormally low convexity of the eye lens
Correction of Hypermetropia
This defect is corrected by using spectacles having suitable convex lenses. The convex lens converge the light rays, so the image is formed on the retina.
Test Your Understanding and Answer These Questions:
- What is hypermetropia?
- How is hypermetropia caused?
- How can hypermetropia be corrected?
- Which type of lens is used to correct hypermetropia?
Developers of Fun Science
M.Sc, B.Ed. & LL.B.
Teacher, Author & Innovator
Entrepreneur & Innovator