Herbivores, Carnivores and Omnivores
The organisms having holozoic nutrition are further classified in three categories. These are:
- Herbivores and
The organisms which eat other animals or meat only are called carnivores. For example, lion, bear, snake, crocodile, lizard, eagle and wolf etc.
The organisms which consume or eat only plants as their source of food are called herbivores. For example, cow, rabbit, goat, deer, locust and camel etc.
The organisms which eat both plant food as well as meat of animals are called omnivores. The best examples of omnivores are human beings, crow, dog, sparrow and ants etc.
Test Your Understanding and Answer These Questions:
- Explain different types of organisms based on their modes of nutrition.
- Define herbivores. Give examples of herbivores.
- Define carnivores. Give examples of carnivores.
- What are omnivores. Give examples of omnivores.
- Write differences between herbivores and carnivores.
Developers of Fun Science
M.Sc, B.Ed. & LL.B.
Teacher, Author & Innovator
Entrepreneur & Innovator