Measures to Protect and Improve Environment
Following measures can be adopted to protect and improve environment:
- Plant more and more trees.
- Start recycling of domestic and agricultural waste to produce manure and biogas.
- Separate the biodegradable wastes from non-biodegradable wastes before disposing them.
- Avoid unnecessary use of fuels.
- Use renewable sources of energy such as solar energy, wind energy, ocean thermal energy, water energy.
- Use unleaded petrol in vehicles.
- Never throw chemicals and oils in drains and toilets.
- Avoid use of polythene bags.
- Don’t burn any article made up of plastic, rubber or polythene because their smoke contain harmful gases.
Many environmental laws are being enacted by state and centre governments to conserve environment and keep it pollution free. Following is the list of some important environmental laws enacted by government of India:
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960.
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981.
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974.
- Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
- Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980.
- The Factories Act, 1948.
Test Your Understanding and Answer These Questions:
Developers of Fun Science
M.Sc, B.Ed. & LL.B.
Teacher, Author & Innovator
Entrepreneur & Innovator
Share your comments / feedback here.