Conservation of Environment
The term conservation means to keep safe. So, conservation of environment means to prevent the excessive use of natural resources so as to keep the environment safe. Environment can be conserved by adopting various practices. These are:
- Planting new trees in place of those cut for various purposes.
- Controlled use of fertilizers, insecticides and weedicides in fields.
- Rotation of crops.
- Recycling of organic waste to prepare biogas and manure.
- Chemical treatment of domestic sewage, so that it does not pollute water bodies like rivers and lakes.
- Harvesting rain water to conserve ground water.
- Setting up of national parks and wildlife sanctuaries to protect wild animals.
Test Your Understanding and Answer These Questions:
Developers of Fun Science
M.Sc, B.Ed. & LL.B.
Teacher, Author & Innovator
Entrepreneur & Innovator
Share your comments / feedback here.